Drew & Sons
Drew & Sons noted on their letterhead that they were established in 1844.
Like many 19th century campaign furniture makers, they started out as luggage and travel requisites makers adding portable furniture to their range of stock as the demand became apparent. They were foremost known for their high end leather goods and picnic sets, however the whole of their second floor at Piccadilly Circus was given over to Military Furniture and Campaigning Equipments. They also made a point of stating on their paperwork that they made all their own goods and to the highest quality. The Drew items we have seen testify to this and indeed they enjoyed the patronage of Queen Victoria, the Royal Family and most of the Courts of Europe.
Their main address was 33, 35-37 Piccadilly Circus but they also had premises at 155 Leadenhall Street, London and 42 Kings Road, Brighton. Their manufactories were located at Burlington Buildings, Heddon Street and at Hatton Gardens, London.