1823 - 1900
Wickwar were stationers, bookbinders and dispatch case makers etc. of long standing.
In 1839 they are listed at 6 Poland Street under the name John Wickwar but it is likely that he carried the business on from Hannah Wickwar who had premises at 10 Dorset Street from at least 1823.
By 1865 Francis Wickwar had taken over from John and still operated the business from 6 Poland Street. By 1899 the business is no longer listed. Wickwar were good enough to be the manufacturers to HM Stationery Office.