PidduckHenry Pidduck and Sons were goldsmiths, jewellers, watch and clock makers who started business in 1841.
Their main premises were on the Market Square in Hanley but they opened a second shop on Lord Street in Southport. The Hanley shop consisted of 2 retail floors with a workshop above. They sold both their own goods and, as this flask shows, those from other manufacturers.
They must have had a good relationship with Dixon who made the Blue Riband trophy designed by Pidduck. The award for the fastest ship was commissioned by Sir Harold Keates Hales, MP for Hanley and owner of Hales Brothers shipping company.