A Georgian brass bound Box which is likely to have been a Tea Caddy.
The box is well made with rounded ends and good gilt, brass straps. It is probably that it originally had two removable tea tins which have long since parted company, leaving a bare interior
We have had two very similar boxes in the past, one with its tins and one belong to Captain Willets, which can be seen in our archive here:
Although none of the boxes had a maker's name, they are highly likely to have all come from the same workshop. Circa 1810.