Makers

William Brice

William Brice is significant as he is one of the few makers, along with Griffith of Golden Square, Mary-le-bone, who used the word campaign to describe their wares. Both were in business at the end of the 18th Century.

The oldest Bristol directory is dated 1775 and it lists William Brice as a trunk maker at 14 Corn Street. He is still in business at the same address in 1801 but by 1830 Luke Kendall is listed at 14 Corn Street. He was also a trunk maker so it is possible that he formerly worked for Brice or married into his family and took over the business.

Related Antiques