Antique Military Drum Butter Dish
An oak and silver plate Butter Dish in the form of a drum by repute from Comberme Barracks, Windsor. The handle to the lid is formed of drumsticks and sheet music. The dish has a removable ceramic liner, which is marked with a cupid over the motto Semper Paratus. A cupid in a shield, along with the model number 1537, is also marked to the silver plate. These marks were used by the Birmingham company of John Grinsell & Sons with the cupid on a scroll registered in 1879. Their factory was at Victoria Works, 57 Tower Street, St. George’s and they also had showrooms in Charterhouse Street, Holborn Circus, London and West Nile Street, Glasgow. Grinsells were also silversmiths but offered a large line of items that combined electro plated mounts on oak with ceramic liners. They termed the items British Oak Work. Circa 1900.
|Height:||3.75 ins (9.53 cm)|
|Width:||5.75 ins (14.61 cm)|
|Depth:||5.25 ins (13.34 cm)|
|Ref. 81643||£ 245|
|CONTACT US ABOUT THIS ITEM|
|RETURN TO CATEGORY|
|<< PREVIOUS PAGE|
|These Images & The Text Are Copyright of Christopher Clarke Antiques.
Please Contact Us If You Would Like to Use Them For Publication.